Wash, Live, Repeat....

"Sweetheart is that how we sit at the table?"
"Put your folder in your book bag , hon."
"Uh, uh, uh- shoes off at the door."
"OK, make sure you brush your teeth, wash your face and lotion it."
"Did you brush your hair?"

I use these lines and more every single day. Things I have repeated, if not years, for months.  Exasperated, I think, why can't they just remember?

Then the Spirit says:
 "Love is not easily provoked"
"In everything give thanks"
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding."
"My grace is sufficient for you."
"Put on the whole armor of God"

These are lines that God, through his indwelling Spirit must constantly remind me.

His word says we must "die to the flesh" everyday, and be "renewed  in the Spirit" day by day. We must partake daily of the spiritual bread, the Word of God.
It is everyday, morning by morning, his mercies are renewed for us.

 God as our Father instilled a lot of repetition in our lives. It must simply be, because we will choose to forget. It must be, also, that the enemy  is in competition for our souls. He is bombarding us repetitively with anything opposite of what God is planting in us.

This humbles me as a mother. I can't grow tired of redundancy, when I am planting goodness in my children. God, does not grow tired of doing that for me- because he wants the best for me.
I want the best for  my children as well.
So
"Clean up your rooms, then go outside to play!" is what I'll say, amongst other things, again today-- and many days after.

Comments

Popular Posts