Mission Possible

I  often get up from prayer energized and motivated. Like a pre-workout drink, I'm jumping and hopping in my spirit. Let's do this!
Many times during my morning talk with the Lord my head swarms with ideas to share the gospel with my neighbors, with the people in Walmart, with the mom at the playground- everybody!
Then in a few minutes, my  flesh reasons with me. "It's too pushy."
 It's too risky." "It's too much out of your way." "It hasn't worked before so..."



"Our knee-jerk reaction to initiating spiritual conversations may be that we don't want to offend anyone. But the reality is that anyone who follows Christ offends the nonbeliever."- Bill DeWandler

Let me share something that I happened upon that is sure to get you geared up for reaching souls.

The Personal Evangelism challenge. Arabah Joy expresses it so clearly here I figure I'll just share the wealth.

Ok now before you turn your nose up at the idea, or scroll down really fast, or cock your head, hear it out.
"...we need to understand this isn’t some sort of competition. It isn’t some Christian bells and whistles program for earning spiritual brownie points.
It’s simply a godly resolve made in faith and empowered by the Holy Spirit. "
I invite you to embark on this Journey to be a witness to your world- your neighbors, your co-workers,  your family, friends, and passers-by in the grocery store. I can't reach them. You can. And you can't reach the people in my circle. This is our mission- and we have been chosen to accept it. I'm super excited to get started. Beginning June 1 I'll journal the journey. Who's with me? 
Here's mine!
arabahjoy.com


Comments

Popular Posts