The *Art of Perfect Love Part 1

Perfect.
Love.
Both of the words  say "God" to me.

So there's no way God would require that of us right?

See, we really like LOVE.
We like to be loved, and it feels good to love others back- most of the time.

Our love says :

"you care about me",
 "you make me feel warm inside",
"You want to make me feel good",
"You aim to please me",
"You want to  (fill in the blank) for me".
"Oh and I'll do the same for you because well, it's only fair and it's the right thing to do."
"I'll do what makes you happy, because it feels good to be the reason someone is happy."
 "I'll do what pleases you so you can feel better about doing what I want in return." .


God Love says:

"I want what's best for you"
"I want you to live- really fully live!"
"I am there for you- always"
"I believe in you- always!"
"I see beyond your faults."
"I have mercy on you"
"I forgive you"
"I will help you"
"I will pull the bulk of the load"
"You can trust me"
"I will die for you"

I had to personally evaluate  my idea of love in prayer this morning. I thought, God there's no way we can humanly love like that. It's- it's just not fair, I said to him, to put that pressure on us- right?

The he spoke to me " God is love. Anyone that loves is  born of God and knows God. He that does not love, does not know me."

"Ok God but I do love." I replied
"I am love."
"Ok, ok but what does that really mean?"
"Pursue me and you will find what Love really means. Read 1 Corinthians 13 again."
"Yes, Father. I will."

We were both quiet as I let the conversation process in my heart and mind.
I'll be back after I let Him speak to me through 1 Corinthian 13.

-Chantel

*Art is from the Latin word Artis meaning "skill"

Comments

Popular Posts