God said it, and that settles it for me


Image from the Web
This morning in prayer I asked God specifically, among other things, for his wisdom and leading in responding as he would with bickering between the children.
 Father how do I respond when one says " He hit me"?
How do I respond when one is crying or whining because one has a toy the other wants and the one with the toy won't budge because " I had it first" or " It's mine"?
How do I respond when someone tells the other that "mommy said this or that" but they don't believe her and I have an upset child on my hands?

Then the lord began bringing passages of scriptures to me.
The passage in Romans 12 that says to prefer one another before yourself
The passage in Matthew 5   that says blessed are the peacemakers
Another that says to  love your neighbor as yourself  and  do unto others as you'd have them do unto you.
 And yet another that says children obey your parents in the Lord for this is right  as well as  rightly divide the word of truth  ( They must make sure what they are to obey is according to the source).



They are to be obedient to the Word of the Lord. They are to be taught to obey Jesus. If they do not obey Jesus there are negative consequences that follow, and positive consequences if they do.
I must lovingly remind them that the most important thing, and the biggest blessing comes, from Obeying God and his word.


So when these scenarios come up I will respond with the word. If they fail to obey the Word I will respond again with the word, encouraging me to train up a child in the way they should go  and  whom the Lord loves, he chastens.


 Thank you Father. Your Word said " be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make my request known unto you. And the peace of God that passes all understanding will keep my heart and mind on you."

 Isn't this so true?
When we just give it to God, he gives us resolution- peace in his word. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts