The Joy List

A book titled Calm in my Chaos had a great suggestion for creating a list of things that bring you joy. To create the list , write as many things as you can in five minutes that  bring you even the most remote pleasure- nothing, the author writes, is too small. Here is mine:

Chantel's Joy List
  • unprompted back rubs from my dear husband
  • Tamerah's seven-toothed grin
  • Alayna's heart to help
  • the feel of the sun on my arms after walking out of a shivering cold building
  • sunlight filling a room after the shades have been pulled back
  • stretching out on freshly washed sheets after a long, tiring day
  • my husband's way of making me bowl over with laughter ( he is so funny!)
  • learning a new song on my guitar
  • taking the children to a huge playground and watching them have fun while I just sit and relax
So try it- write a "joy list". Then when youare having a chaotic moment, pull it out and close your eyes to picture it all.

Comments

  1. Do you recommend that book? I'm going back to work in August, and it definitely sounds like a book I might need to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amy: It really is a beautiful read. One entry a day, and they are short sweet and thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts