How I know: A lesson on trust

This I how I know I can trust Him
It humbles me when I tell my children to do something and,without delay,
they hearken, say "yes, ma'am" and go to it.
My husband says too, that he is humbled,when I follow his
lead,trustingly. It behooves him to make his decisions all the more,
sound and sure.
Together,we have decided to trust God with our family-- in provision, in
protection, and in size/number. Sometimes I go to God shaking in my
boots on the latter.
Today, when Alayna asked if it was ok to play dress-up, I
hesitated. Usually the dresses and such, end up carpeting the girl's
bedroom floor. This is despite my constant reminder to replace the dresses when
they are done. Slowly I reply,
"Ok," "But if the dresses aren't hung back up,you're gonna get
it." Excitedly,and clearly oblivious to the last part of my
consent,Alayna bounces up and says ,"Yes,ma'am!" and runs to commence a
new phase of playtime.
As she walked away, I felt immediately humbled. I wanted to call her back
for a hug, and tell her how sweet she is, and say 'you can dress up in
your beautiful dresses all you want' (possibly to my own regret later).

I let myself smile, however, when she and Tamerah glides through my door
in their dresses,with grins bigger than their bows.
I smiled at the warm wave of peace I felt from the Lord,  suddenly reassured that he
knows me, wants the best for me. He is aware that I am trusting in,
and submitting to him.
He does not want to betray that trust.
More than I love my children, and more than I love myself, and more than
my husband loves me-- GOD LOVES me.
A simple act of joyful submission from my 4 year old,reminded me of that
unchanging fact.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD,
thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a
hope.-Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV)


-Chantel

Comments

Popular Posts