Submission: It's not a dirty word

I love when the Lord reveals things to me about myself during our fellowship. I feel loved and cared for by the almighty God- that he would care enough to correct me. He does not want me to be lost. I am grateful for such a friend and Father as he. He is honest and compassionate.
These are qualities we should all want in a friend. An honest and compassionate friend are the truest kind.
So as I spent time in communion with the Lord this morning this thought of submission was impressed upon me.
I thought I was good in this area. I will admit, I hail myself ( blush) as a pretty good example of a submissive wife.
"Uh-uh-uh",goes this nudging- this gentle poke of the Holy Spirit.
I am not quite as submissive as I thought.
But Lord I give preference to my husband. I defer to him, I honor him.

Then the Lord brought to me the times that I do not readily listen to him. The things that I shrug at- simple things, small things in my perspective- but things none the less.
They are at first glance so harmless. Quite honestly, these are things that at the time, seem to have room for my right to choose. He is not offended at all when I decide, hmm, I'll just do this my way right here, honey.

But the Lord showed me that its the little things like that that add up into making a husband feel like his opinion does not matter. It is in those little things that can wear away at a husband's confidence in leading the family both naturally and spiritually.

The Lord challenged me to be more submissive to my husband- to his suggestions and to his subtle and even indirect direction. This will strike in him a subsmission in return.

He will be moved to compassion and carefulness. He will go into protect and lead mode, which is his God-ordained role. He will be moved to fight for me and our children with even more passion. His purposefulness will be re-fueled.

The thing is you don 't have to be married to try this.
Submission begets submission. If you want someone to be more aware of you and your feelings and concerns- concern yourself about them and their feelings and concerns.
It works, because it's in the Word of God.

Ephesians 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Is this an area, you need to step up in?


Warmest thoughts and prayers,
Chantel


Comments

Popular Posts