Hearing God

We were excitedly heading to a greatly anticipated theatrical production. This would be a first for the children, and a first in a very long time (like since grade school) for the Mr and I. Halfway to the theater it donned on me that I had forgotten the tickets. The show began at 7:30 and it was 6:50, midroute, and still ten minutes away from the theater. We needed to get there early however as the theater stated that once show time began there would be no seating- but only at the discretion of the theater folk.
Oh this was not good. My daughter saw my sullen face and tried to make me feel better by saying , it's ok mom its not your fault. By the time we could make a legal u-turn it was 6:51 and we had to turn around, and double back an entire 10 to 12 minutes to go back to get the forgotten tickets.
I was sullen the entire ride back. It was not, however the tickets I had forgotten. It was the realization that I disobeyed the voice of my Father.
You see, hours earlier around 5, I took the tickets out to confirm the start and end time for the show. I had tickets that I printed out and had them all in a neat stack tucked in a zippered pocket to keep them handy and not lose them. I took them out, thinking that maybe I should cut them apart from one another and so I placed them on the desk.
As soon as I put them down, a voice said don't leave them there, implying I will forget them
there. I actually responded in my mind- I'll remember.
I didn't. Matter of fact it was far from my mind while we were all stuffing our faces and scrambling to gather ourselves and the spectacular six out the door.
To be continued...

Comments

Popular Posts