Hearing God Part 2

( Continued from Part 1)
As we turned back to get the tickets my mind could not help replaying that tiny moment of decision that impacted such a big part of our day. "No, sweetheart", I said, "it was mommy's fault."
 I began to pray that the Lord, for the sake of the children, would mercifully allow the ushers to grant us access to the show though, at this rate, we'd be minutes late.
I realized then, while I prayed, that my one faulty decision affected more than just myself. I was thankful that this was not an urgent matter, but it gave me insight as to how important it is to recognize the voice of the Lord and to listen with immediacy. The impact goes beyond ourselves.
7:05- I ran in and grabbed the tickets, bounded back outside. It was 7:08. We headed back in the direction of the theater. According to the GPS it was 20 minutes away. We reached by 7:32, but we still had to corral 6 children out of the vehicle. We can do this, I said to myself.
 We walked to the entrance, me silently praying.  According to the small print on the tickets, the next time they would allow people in was at intermission.

Suddenly I saw the theater door open up. One of the door greeters saw us through the door, and hurriedly waved us in. Oh, we quickened our steps. I heard him indicate our group and our seats in a headset and I almost could not contain my gratefulness.
God was merciful. I was even more thankful because I knew that I totally deserved to miss out.

See it wasn't about missing the tickets. It was about missing the opportunity to obey God and reap the rewards of obedience.
 I appreciate the opportunity to detect God 's voice in a simple matter, so that in a more urgent moment, recognizing and obeying the voice of God will be simple still.

Can you recall a moment when you realized that small voice was God's voice indeed, and the trouble you could have avoided, had you listened?
But his grace is sufficient isn't it?

Warmest thoughts and Prayers,
Chantel

Comments

Popular Posts