Mommy, I'm bored




My child complains about being bored

And there's a way to handle that without guilt.
 ( Hint: the line above is clickable ; )


I am constantly limiting television time for my crew. Their dependence on it for entertainment honestly frustrates me.The days they go without television at all, they are amazed, and impressed. ( While In my mind I think, I told you so). 

I  admit, I have been made to feel, from my own self that I have the responsibility of providing constant activity for them to fill up their time. There are days that this works out just fine. On other days however, I am given a reality check of my human-ness. I can not do that all the time.

Then the moping and the whining commences:"Im bo-o-ored". This linked article made a very true point; when I provide things to do for them it's never enough. If I take them to the park, they, after a while they want to go home. If i take them home, they want to go outside (huh?...). They come inside because it's too hot. "Can I play a game on the computer?" ( for the fifth time today).  Can we watch a movie?"  I suggest reading a book. Groan. Draw a picture, color. Five minutes later- " I'm done."
Ok, Ok, you get the picture. Who has the mental oomph for that that?

Maybe you do, and if so, please do share with me, the human mom over here : )

Does this make us un-christian because we are not waiting hand and foot, and sacrificing the last mental strand of our brain to cope with their lack of entertainment ( yes I am sure you can sense the frustration... which also does not make me un-christian)?

I have observed, that when I leave them to figure it out- guess what?- they do! They entertain themselves. They play hide and seek ( but I just told you to do that!). They ( gasp) read books, they draw ( huh?), They make paper ninja stars without end, they practice hand stands and do somersaults across the floor.....

Ok. So, now, I'm bored.


Teehee, just kidding. Because now I have to nurse play-induced bruises, and bumps, and  delegate cleaning duties from the activity-filled day. And that's another post ; )




Linked up at

Comments

  1. Love this. Your blog is such a sweet little space... glad to have found it! hope you'll link up some of your faithfilled posts at http://www.mercyinkblog.com
    blessings!
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, thanks for stopping by. I'll be sure to check out mercy ink soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts