When you pray


This is a devotional that I do with my children most mornings during our prayer time. This morning, it hit me square in the chest.

Enjoy : )

Warmest thoughts and prayers, Chantel Dillard



From: CBH Ministries <newsletter@cbhministries.org>;
To: <keys@lists.cbhministries.org>;
Subject: Keys for Kids Daily Devotional for June 29, 2012
Sent: Fri, Jun 29, 2012 10:00:00 AM

Keys for Kids Daily Devotional for Friday, June 29, 2012

"When You Pray"

Bible Reading: Psalm 145:17-19

Listen to Keys Audio
Listen to Keys Audio
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter

"Noah?" Mom stood at the door. "Noah!" she said again, but he didn't look up from his book until she walked over and turned the radio down.

"Oh, hi, Mom," said Noah. "I didn't hear you over the music. Sorry."

Mom nodded. "Noah," she said, "I just noticed Mrs. Grady struggling out there with her lawn mower. Maybe you could help her fix it."

"Right now?" asked Noah. He held up the book he'd been reading. "I'm trying to think of a project to earn my last club badge. It says here that it has to be some kind of service to someone needy." Noah wandered to his desk and picked up some baseball cards.

As Noah flipped through the cards, his younger brother raced into the room. "Noah, my bike is broken. Can you help me fix it?" begged Corey.

"Later," said Noah. "I have a project I want to work on right now." Corey sighed and left the room. "This is the hardest badge of all to earn," Noah continued. "I don't know any needy people--someone who's sick or poor or anything like that."

Mom smiled. "You know," she said. "I think you need to turn down more than just the radio, if you want earn this badge."

Noah frowned. "What do you mean?" he asked.

"You don't hear the calls for help because . . ." Mom reached out and took the baseball cards from his hand, ". . . these are making as much noise as that radio." She put the cards on a shelf. "Have you asked God for ideas?"

"Yup, actually I have," Noah answered.

"Okay," said Mom. "Now come look here." She led Noah to the window. He could see Mrs. Grady struggling with the lawn mower, and Corey was hunched over his bicycle. "It's great you asked for God's help, but you have to turn down the noise if you want to hear His answer," Mom said. "I think I see two answers to your prayers. What do you think?"

"I think . . ." Noah began slowly. "I think I see two people who need my help--two needy people. And I think I have a badge to earn." Noah grinned as he put on his tennis shoes before heading out into the yard.



Memory Verse:
The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are open to their prayers.  1 Peter 3:12

How about you?
Do you look and listen for God's answers when you pray? Or do you expect--or want--a certain answer and are not willing to accept any other? Maybe God will show you there's something you can do about a situation that concerns you. Maybe He'll show you that you need a different attitude. Maybe He'll simply offer comfort. Be open to whatever answer God gives you.

Key Thought of the Day:
Look for God's answers



Check out CBH Retro! New episodes released every Tuesday from your favorite classic CBH programs! Go to www.cbhministries.org/retro

Keys for Kids is also available on Facebook, Twitter, Podcast & RSS! Get Keys for Kids any way you'd like!

You are receiving this daily mailing because you subscribed from our website at www.keysforkids.org. To unsubscribe, send a blank e-mail to: keys-unsubscribe@lists.cbhministries.org. For more information about our mailing lists or to report an issue, please contact us.

 Today's Keys for Kids is provided courtesy of CBH Ministries. Archives of Keys for Kids are available at the Children's Bible Hour Ministries website.

Comments

Popular Posts