Tell you Jesus

Layna and I walked slowly in the warm sun. Aahhh. It felt good. And the warmth seeped through my jacket to my bones. It warmed me.


I love walking. I like the idea of being around people, going on with their everyday. I am indirectly a part of their day, just by being around. You, see, I don't believe in coincidences.


Incoincidentally, as we get close to our door step, there is a lady sitting on hers, around the corner. Perfect oppurtunity, to share the gospel, and meet a neighbor.
"Layna", I say. " Can we go talk to that lady about Jesus?"
"Uh-huh"
We cross the street, pushing the stroller with sleeping Tam, and approach the lady quietly sitting. I open my mouth to start a conversattion. (Weather anyone?) Before I could talk about it , Laynie goes, " I tell you Jesus!" The neighbor tilts her head to get a close listen. " Hm?" Laynie emphatically repeats, " I tell you Jesus!" I chuckle, kinda nervously, and say " Well my name is Chantel, what yours?" She tells me to call her Ms. T*. "Well, Mrs. T, I am sure you may have heard the gospel. Have you believed it?" She nods.  "Well, let's talk about obeying it, let's talk about Jesus...." I sat on a chair by the steps and thanks to my little intro, I let God do the rest of the talking. I told her-

 Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts