Look what I can do


"Mommy, Look! Look, ma"
"Yes?" I turn slowly from the computer
"Isn't this neat, mommy?"

Bri has two tennis rackets strapped to her foot with her brother's belts, and, with the aid of his race-car-track poles, she has transformed into a skier.

"Watch this mom!" Mak glides across the floor on his belly atop the skateboard. " Did you see me? did you see how fast I went? Whoa!"

"Mommy, mommy, look at me, hehehe" There is Laynie, with the plastic fireman hat on her head,and Bri's red rubber boots,  hands raised in the "TADA!" stance, in the middle of the staircase.

Me: "Wow". " How creative." "That's uh, wow, you must be, so brave to do that Mak."  "Oh , yes, look at that."

Whew!

Then I think of the times I am doing something that I consider uber-spiritual. Some of those times I have to catch myself when I think , I wish such-and so could see me.. Ughhh! Why do we need validation from other's? Isn't God's vote of confidence enough?

Job 7:17 What is man, that thou shouldest magnify him? and that thou shouldest set thine heart upon him?


Psalm 8:4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Psalm 144:3 LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him!

Matthew6:3-5

3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Comments

  1. Chantel, you have a beautiful family and a lovely blog!! I am partial to willow trees!!!...your pics on here are stunning!!! Thank-you for your comment on my blog today! Isn't being a mom great? Isn't having a Heavenly Father great? I have a friend starting a blog...check it out....www.thegoodservant.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to all the questioims! Having these beautifully, creatively packaged blessings, called children,really give me a glimpse into God's perspective when he looks on us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts