Faith Training Part 1


Cue crisis in 3..2..1
And then the alarms in your head begin to go off yelling at you to produce and employ a solution- NOW!
Your mind whirls as you will yourself to calm down. Calm down.
 But you look around and reality threatens to snap you back into panic mode.
How could this happen, you think. I should have seen this coming- I didn't plan enough- I should have taken more control, I could have avoided this- I should have seen the signs....
Wait- God, why is this happening to me? What did I do wrong? Haven't I been faithful? Do I need to pray more?  I mean I  of course I do- what kind of  question is that?  But where did I fail?

-End Scene-

Maybe you've been there.
Maybe you've had those moments that blindsided you and tossed you into a collision course or "a series of unfortunate events".
Maybe you've felt the urge to panic and go into uber-control mode.
 or, the very opposite, shut down and try not to feel- and do nothing.

But the Holy Spirit stirs within you and speaks gently Philippians 4:6
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
So with a flicker of faith- you pray. You obey the word and pray. Through gritted teeth,  and eyes stinging with tears, and maybe clenched fists, you beseech the Lord. You put it in the hands of the deliverer and, give thanks. God's got this. And a peace that un-tenses your shoulders and calms your breathing cascades over your being.

And now you wait.
And with a little more confidence in God, you pray again-
and wait...
and you make your request yet again-
and wait...

for the healing
for the heart change of a loved one
for the bitterness in your soul to heal
for the guilt of your past to release
for a miracle

yet

Where is the answer?
Father I prayed, and thanked, and waited
Why won't you send the answer?

Little do you know that the wait is divinely designed to enable you to receive what you have asked and thanked for.

to be continued...

Go to Part 2 here

Comments

Popular Posts