Not by sight




The gas gauge read E.
I checked the info screen to double check, and it read 0 miles to "E"

Here's the thing  I just put  $10 in the tank.
So I knew I had fuel in there.
This happened before very recently so I knew something was up. Or not.
Obviously something was wrong with the floater- the sensor that gauges the amount of fuel that is in the tank.

So I drove where I needed to go without a worry. I knew what I had in the tank regardless of what the gauge said. I had no fear of being stranded in the middle of the road. 
I knew, from experience, how far I could go on $10, so I drove fearlessly.

A few hours later my dear husband was riding in the vehicle with me and he caught sight of the fuel gauge.
"Babe!" It says 0 miles to "E"- what's going on?
I replied matter-of-factly, " Remember this happened last week? I think the floater is stuck again but don't worry; I fueled it up this morning. It's gas in there."

He raised an eyebrow, and still looked worried. I laughed remarking-
 "We're riding on faith right now." He jokingly said
 "Well I hope you have enough for both of us- because that tank says E!" I patted his hand reassuringly as we rode along, and just laughed.


Faith doesn't merely hope- faith knows. 

See I had peace and confidence because I had knowledge.
Faith knows.

So when I pray for healing and the visible thing seems to imply the healing has not taken place, faith knows otherwise. 
Faith knows that, what I see or feel is simply the residue of what was, but not what now is. 

Someone put it this way- You cut down a tree, disconnect it from it's roots- that tree is dead. But for a while it looks as if it is still alive, the leaves are still hanging on- the green flourishes. But after a while, sadly, without it's roots, it manifests what it already is- dead. The green leaves were just the residual of what was, but it's present state did not manifest until after some time.

Healing can be that way sometimes.Yet, the prayer of faith heals the sick. James 5:15. The sickness is "dead". The symptoms may dwindle or hang around,but still believe the healing has already taken place. Still believe the deliverance has been accomplished. Believe it through to it's end.

We walk by faith, and not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7.

For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Mark 11:23

Comments

  1. I like that "Faith knows", by the reading of God's Word it's like the fuel to my faith! Thanks for this, much needed in my time of working out my faith.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts