Thy hands have provided


The blessing in "Just enough"

In the past week I have been reminded that:
God is faithful.
 Daily he provides.
Like the manna for the Israelites in the wilderness,
Daily he provides. 
And when they gathered more than was needed for that very day, the extra rotted, and caused the hut to stink. 
Because distrusting the Lord stinks, and it feels rotten. (catch up on last week here)

Mon. 5/16

Sunday's crock pot meal was now today's. Woohoo! That worked out wonderfully. I knew it was the Lord who managed to make that happen. So where yesterday's meal was merely enough, being pushed over for today gave me the added benefit of being able to makes sure everyone ate. It was two different entrees, but who's  hungry? No one.  He's a good, good Father.

Tues 5/17

I again had some "bullet-biting" to do. My daughter just received a monetary gift from a church friend Monday evening. It's the thing any parent feels bad about doing, but here I was needing to use her money. I only wanted to use a portion so I took only part of it to the market. I had lasagna noodles that had been sitting in the pantry for months. I decided, lets put it to use. I had some burger meat I brought from last week's grocery trip. I thanked the Lord that he led me to buy it.  It was going to get stretched. I prepared almost two packages of lasagna and set out to Aldi's to grab the necessary ingredients to make lasagna happen.

Pushing the cart through the aisles, I was well under budget and decided to get  a few extra items I saw on sale that could make a meal or two. But I guess I got too happy with the savings and lost track while adding. I got to  the register and was $7 over budget. No biggie. That stuff doesn't embarrass or bother me a bit. I put back the things that weren't  going to be a deal breaker and took care of our purchase.
I walked out, content that we were set for a few more meals this week. I thanked God, and prepared to make a run for it with the 2 ninos in the pouring rain. As I planned our entry into the elements, a woman yelling "Wait" rushes toward me with a box. My first thought is, I must have left something behind, but a green ball caught my eye. This was the ball picked up in one of the aisles and was left at the register with the other toss-outs. One by one I realized the box held all of the items I discarded out of the cart to make budget. I was overcome with gratitude and humility. I sputtered out a barrage of "thank you's" as she explained that it was no big deal. She had been on my end before, she said, and just wanted to "pay it forward". I shook my head looking up into the spilling clouds as we rushed to the car. I sat in the car just amazed at how God prepares my way before me. Why should I worry? The righteous are not forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.
I got home, and energized with thanks unto the Lord I got started. I needed a pan, and looked up to see the perfect one. Two weekends before, I was handed an over-sized aluminum baking pan that held a few wrapped burgers in it. I kept the pan and now 10 days later it was what I would need to make lasagna that I never thought I'd make. Again, God's hands at Work.  Guess what? That Lasagna lasted the rest of the week for dinner, plus lunches for Mr. D and I. I could not believe how big the lasagna turned out to be.
His hands- providing once again.

Thursday 5/19

 I had to take a trip on the highway that morning. The road was unexpectedly busy on the ride back. It took a while because of  roadwork to get back in town. I made my approach to my exit, switching in to the next lane. The wheel felt strange, but I chalked it up to me being tired.  I reached the exit and turned off and felt the same strange resistance in the steering wheel. What is going on? I thought. I went to make a right turn again and there it was- this time it was even harder to maneuver the steering wheel. Suddenly the  battery light flashes on. The car is running smoothly ironically but I know this is not good.  I called Mr. D and while he assessed the symptoms he asked about the heat. I looked and it was all the way to a hot engine! He urgently told me I need to get off the road now.
I was conveniently near a Wal-Mart parking lot and turned in, using more strength than should be needed to turn a car into the lot. Once parked, I opened the hood, and was greeted with the beginning of a smoking engine. There is what I was searching for. As suspected, the belt popped. I looked toward the highway I was on, just less than 5 minutes before and thought, what saving grace the Lord extended. I shook my head realizing the car could have overheated and smoked on the 65 mph highway. The belt could have popped in such a way that I lost control of the car in the middle of the congested interstate. But God's hand kept us from imminent harm and danger. Praises be to God.

I made some phone calls and found a ride home. Mr. D calls and asks, " How are you doing?"
"Happy", I said. "It's crazy but I feel uncannily happy right now."  I felt such joy at that moment, that it could only be the Joy from the Holy Ghost. I could hear him smile on the other side of the phone as he confirmed he felt a peace that he knew was God. "We've been through enough to know God's got this," he said. Yes indeed.

At this point we have no more than $10 to our name and have to borrow $10 to get a new belt from the parts store. I borrowed $10 from one of my church moms. I open the envelope and see she gives me $15. I laughed and knew God was up to something. We go to the store and the part was $26 not $20 as we were told. The amount for a different belt. Again I am smack dab in the middle of the unfailing provision of the Lord. That extra $5 was not coincidence! God knew we needed it before we even knew.  Can I just pause for a moment to dance before  Jehovah Jireh?!
 *dance dance dance*


dance

The Take-away

It was just a week, but God used it to prove himself over and over and over again.
I am no longer afraid of not having anything left over from today. Tomorrow's troubles are enough for tomorrow. He provided yesterday and today. He is going to provide every step of the way.
Great is his faithfulness!
Trust in Him.

Blessings, 
 Chantel

Comments

Popular Posts