Clutter? Let it go!

Join in- or start from the beginning of this spiritual journey of de-cluttering. Glynnis Whitwer starts out with the spiritual aspect of being clutter free. Free is the key Word here. God wants us to be free. The enemy delights in keeping us bound up, but God desires us to be free.

"The truth is, my mind can be my biggest enemy in this battle of the clutter.  I’m sure some of you can relate. We blame and label ourselves.  We compare and discourage ourselves.  We judge and give up on ourselves.  And so today, before giving you any tips, I want to start by praying for God’s truth to replace the lies that have held us back.  You see, this isn’t just a battle of “things,” it’s a spiritual battle.   Please pray with me before reading any more:
 Heavenly Father, You alone know my heart as I start this challenge.  You know the depth of my discouragement and the loss of my hope that I’ll ever be free of the clutter in my life.  So today, as I take this step with Glynnis and other many others, I’m asking for Your help.  Help me have Your perspective on the areas of my life that feel overwhelming.  Clear my mind of the negative chatter.  Protect me from an enemy who wants to confuse and defeat me.  Reveal his lies and replace them with Your truth about my worth and potential.  With Your help I believe I can make progress.  In Jesus name, Amen.
Each time you feel overwhelmed and discouraged remember to pray.  Satan wants you bound; God wants you free.  See the lies for what they are and ask God for His truth.  It’s amazing how empowered you’ll feel when you use the weapon God has offered you – truth. 

Our purpose in getting free of clutter is to be freed to do what God is calling us to do.  Clutter in our minds, spirits, time and resources drains us.  It saps our creativity.  It discourages us before we get started.  We are free from clutter to obey."

Isn't that in itself freeing? It was for me. So join in here The 15 Day Clutter-Free Challenge. And lets keep each other encouraged on this journey that does not have to be walked alone, even if it takes "15 weeks" rather than 15- Days for  some of us.  : )

Comments

  1. Chantel,
    I just nominated your blog for The Versatile Blog Award! Please visit me @ http://oliveplantsallaroundmytable.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html for all the details. :)
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts