The Course He set



This morning in meditation my thoughts turned toward the sun and the stars and the moon and how their course and purpose was established from the very beginning. Since then they have stayed the course  (with the exception when God allowed the sun to stand for Joshua's sake). They have fulfilled their purpose. All of God's creation has done this, except humanity.
And I imagined my self as a star set on a course, a destined pathway. I realize that time and time again I've deviated off course in an attempt to satisfy my own curiosity or fulfill my own desires. 

But just as the course of the sun, itself a star, determines and shapes seasons, I wonder if maintaining or averting my course impacts seasons the same way. And not for myself alone, for others. I can't help but begin to feel the responsibility of someone discovering or not discovering something of God because I walk in, or fail to walk in, my God-ordained course, set from the beginning of my creation. 
My stalling or deviation may have hindered or diverted a divine encounter. 
Now God can make the crooked places straight. And I can not stop his plans.  "Nothing can catch Him by surprise- He's got this figured out..." (Travis Greene, Made A Way). 
But oh the awakening my mind is experiencing that each moment in the walk of Gods child is divinely appointed. Someone is being directly or indirectly impacted by what I do and say. 
I must stay the course,  to shine for him. I must trust my present and next step to his divine mastery. 

"I lean not to my own understanding.  My life is in the hands 
of the maker of heaven. 
I give it all to you God,
  trusting that you'll make something beautiful
Out of me"
-Leon Timbo

Comments

Popular Posts