Inspire the Wonder part 3


Image result for name called wonderful
As I begin to type out this post the lyrics to an old hymn course through my mind. It says:

Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing power?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Are you fully trusting in His grace this hour?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?

Are you walking daily by the Savior’s side?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Do you rest each moment in the Crucified?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?

When the Bridegroom come[s] will your robes be white?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Will your soul be ready for the mansions bright,
And be washed in the blood of the Lamb?

Lay aside the garments that are stained with sin,
And be washed in the blood of the Lamb;
There’s a fountain flowing for the soul unclean,
O be washed in the blood of the Lamb!

Are you washed in the blood,
In the soul cleansing blood of the Lamb?
Are your garments spotless? Are they white as snow?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?


As I read through the each line of this song, the questions beg to be answered. 
Because the question we must ask ourselves daily is
"AM I...?"
Can my living declare a resounding, unquestionable, "YES" to each of these inquiries?

When our Christian walk is daily it testifies to the faithfulness of our Father. People take notice when we are consistent in our values, and beliefs. They become curious when we declare that we will stand on the Word of God, and it alone governs my living, my doing, my wearing, my interacting, my speaking, my engaging- yes, my entire being.

When our Christian walk is daily and intentional- it inspires others to the amazement of a relationship with the Father. 

So are you washed in the blood?
Then you are in the blood line of Christ, and his traits should be a visible marker on your DNA. 
Does your walk simply make people raise their eyebrows in wonder? OR does it inspire others to the amazement and wonder that is Christ?

Let each decision you make this week reflect the influence of Christ and his Spirit on your life. Every decision.
Then watch the impact on the people around you as they detect a faith and commitment that is solid and grounded -not in comfort, or familiarity, or preference- but in the unchanging Word.



Comments

Popular Posts