Just You

If there was blushing I could do, in the true sense of the word, you'd see my face doing that today. ( I suppose I do blush- just invisibly.

Just hours ago my cheeks were squished between two little cupped hands trying to maneuver my head away from the pillow.
"No mommy, don't close your eyes."
"But J I'm sleepy."
"Mommy don't go sleep."
"Why J, why can't I go to sleep?"
" Cuz  I want you. I want you mommy." 
Insert blushing action here.
(And then he lays his body across my head, making sure to balance his body carefully to not roll headfirst on to the floor, to prove his point.)

Later, while taking advantage of a moment to talk with Heavenly Father, this warm memory brings a smile to my face. I thanked God for that moment, and it dawned on me; how often do I want God's face turned to me just because I want- HIM?
 See there are countless times I go to God because I need HIM. I need his guidance, his help, or some other thing that He can DO for me. I then asked God if it was possible to get to a point of simply coming to HIM just for his very presence- just for his face, rather than his benefits.
Then it seemed unfair to wonder this because even HIS PRESENCE is a benefit in itself. I suppose this is where God desires our relationship with him to grow. When he spoke to David's heart in the 27th Psalm, God clearly expressed a desire for his children to desire just HIM- no strings attached.

My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me." And my heart responds, "LORD, I am coming."- Psalm 27:8 NLT

Would we all have a heart willing to just BE with the Lord rather than always expecting to receive from the Lord. For the thing we find is that in simply being with him, and talking with him, He is the greatest that we can receive.



7Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.

Comments

Popular Posts