ALL your heart?

It was about 7:30 PM.  Dinner done. Bath time was under way. Whew, I can sit down. I sat on the couch, tea cup in hand.  The plush, firm cushions were beyond inviting to my tired muscles. My back sank into the overstuffed pillows behind me. *Cue long sign of relief, followed by deep inhale, and just as deep exhale. I grabbed my tablet to catch up on my email,  my instagram, and yes, Facebook, and it hit me. I felt unsettled.

I felt a tad lonely.  My sweet hubby was in our room unwinding. Im out here, unwinding. I realized I wanted his company. So I went to search him out.

Well in the room, it was all wrong.  For me that is. It was dark, it was cold (he loves the fan), and it was loud with sports on the TV.  I wanted his company,  but not at the cost of my discomfort or his.  I sauntered back out.

In the warm, lit, semi-quiet living room I sank down into the couch again. But the desire for my husband's company crept up and sat on my head. Aww, come on! I thought. The decision to be cozy versus cold, volleyed like a ping pong ball across a tennis table between my ears.

Then the thoughts ran to deepville. Are you not willing to inconvenience yourself for the pleasure of his presence? [yep, deepville].  Then like  the Central Avenue jumbotron the spiritual parallel scrolled across: how far are you willing to go for the pleasure of HIS presence?  Will comfort stop you from seeking? Will convenience stop you from seeking? And will that seeking be with all of your heart?

OK , you got me, I said back to the "voice" [AKA God] in my head. I walked into our room, threw my robe around me, plopped on the edge of our bed, stretched my legs out, and enjoyed an intriguing sports segment WITH my sweetheart.

Later that night, wrapped in my warm comfy robe, I was intrigued with the treasures I discovered in the Word of God - choosing to seek HIM, against all the excuses.

How about you? What is God calling you to "get beyond" in order to find Him?

-Chantel

Jeremiah 29:12-13 NKJV

Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek me, and find me, when you will search for me with all your heart.

Comments

Popular Posts