The Reflecting Waters

At least once a day I catch a reflection of myself in the mirror. Sometimes I look the way I think I look. Other times I'm surprised by what I see. When did I get a scratch on my cheek, for instance.  Or,  hmm, I'm starting to favor mom.
Sometimes I actually need a mirror, to help me get something out of my eye for example. If something feels not quite right on my face or shoulder,  or anywhere else on the body,   something
about visual confirmation helps me get a handle on the problem.
Again for example, I don't know why a child can fall,  scrape a knee and almost shake it off and keep going, but wait- they need a visual.  It's something about seeing that solidifies things for us. 

This is where the Word of God comes in.  James 1:23 compares hearing the Word and not putting it into action is like someone looking in a mirror at themself,  walking away, and right away forgetting what he looked like.

Further Ephesians 5:26 explains God's will for  believers to be cleansed with water by the washing of the Word. How fitting that the brass laver of the tabernacle was made from brass mirrors. That laver of cleansing became a mirror, placing those who used it face to face with the appearance of their spiritual state.
Looking in the Word of God helps us to see and know our spiritual countenance. Keeping in spiritual order, or addressing anything that is out of place,  can only be done by the Word of God.
What are you reflecting?

- Warmest thoughts and prayers,  Chantel

Comments

Popular Posts