In the morning

Baby D. and the Willow ©2013,Chantel Dillard
I untangled myself from the baby sleeping against me and shook my arm back to life. That's usually how the mornings begin. I scan the window to try to figure out the time. Is it early enough? Did I sleep past my meeting time with the Father?
     I sit up to coax myself out of the fog of sleep. I crawl out the bed to get to my prayer spot. I sink into the peace of God that meets me there. It's comforting and familiar. I slowly inhale, exhale. Thank you Jesus.
Sometimes it's a slow build up. It takes time to shake off the mentality of routine, and really feel for the direction of this meeting.
     "Father  I'm here, and I have my agenda. I have the way I think this time with you should go. I got into your presence this way before, but maybe you have a different agenda than mine. Order my thoughts Lord. I take captive every thought to the obedience of Christ. Order my emotions God. I bring my emotions under your subjection to your will. Let my will be lost in yours."
     I pause, and remind myself that I can never go wrong with giving thanks. I give thanks- for the big and the tiny details that I could easily overlook. Before I know it I feel gratefulness flowing from the core of me. There is realization that the numerous blessings, named and unnamed, known and unknown, are way more than I deserve. Tears flood my eyes. I am unworthy to receive the blessings he daily loads me with. How dare I complain?
      My gratefulness to God cascades into appreciation for the grace to repent for failing to give thanks always in all things as Ephesians 5:20 commands. I am thankful again for the Word that reminds me He is faithful and just to forgive all my sins and to cleanse me from ALL unrighteousness. I repent and am made free by the truth of the Word of God. I rejoice at his amazing grace. I give thanks for grace and the Word that showed grace to me.
     I stay with the Lord for as long as reality will allow. When I do get up I feel renewed. I feel vigorous and ready to meet with the rest of the day. I feel that my eyes have been washed and I can see clearer. I am inspired by the revelations and the Words God speaks directly to my spirit. He gives me tasks for the day, that I am nervously excited to perform. Ah the joy of meeting with the Lord. To begin the day without it, is to begin the day with misstep, throwing all other steps out of line. Oh what a reward, when the very opposite is done- oh the reward of being in tune with Christ from the first step, with hope for the next and the last.
-Chantel

Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.- Psalm 55:17

Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early- Ps. 57:8

Comments

Popular Posts