A Mother's tuesday evening Prayer

Father, it is after 10 pm. Yet here I am. I am here before you, baby in my arms, jostling him upon my knees to keep his calm. I just want to breathe- to exhale the rudiments and the impositions of today and inhale you. I want to say thank you. Thank you for being my help. Thank you for being my peace when the crying appeared far from ceasing. Thank you for giving me strength to cook. Thank you for giving me wisdom and forthrightness to use the help of my children to clean what needed cleaning. Thank you for your word that was balm to my spirit throughout the day. Your word is like cool refreshing waters to my soul. Thank you for the beautiful hymns and songs you sung into my spirit when my heart  called out to you. You are so compassionate. I thank you for your compassion towards me.
Thank you for taking me through this day. Thank you for allowing your strength to be made perfect in my weakness. Thank you for your sufficient grace. You are so wonderful.
I love you. I love the way you work. I love the way you show me how you are my keeper. For here I am. Again I say thank you.
Thank you, Jesus. Thank you for the comfort and rest in your holy Spirit upholding me. Thank you.
I breathe you in.
Thank you.
Now I lay me down in peace and sleep, for only you can keep me in safety. In Jesus name. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts