No Exceptions?

Ps2:11-12.NLT Serve the LORD with reverent fear,
and rejoice with trembling. Submit to God’s royal son, or he will become angry,
and you will be destroyed in the midst of all your activities—
for his anger flares up in an instant.
But what joy for all who take refuge in him.
The lord dealt with me this morning in prayer about complete surrender. We love to tell the Lord he is in control of our lives. I want the lord to be in control of every part of my life. Or do I? There is one part of my life that I had to admit I want to control. I don't want to let it go. I don't want to surrender because it feels good to indulge.
I failed to realize that if God is not in control of all, he is not in control at all-as far as my entire life is concerned. I am fearful of giving it up to the lord, because I feel I will no longer enjoy such an enjoyable thing as- I'll say it now- eating food.
I like to tell myself that it does not have a negative spiritual impact so, there's really nothing wrong, right?
Wrong!
Anything that I try to take out of God's hands leaves room for idolatry. If he is not on the throne in every room of this earthly house, then something will take that seat.
When surrender its not complete, we set ourselves up for idolatry. I heard it said, that if he's going to be your Lord at all ,he has to be Lord of ALL. No exceptions.
Besides its less worry when the Lord of all handles it all. No greater security than that.
Warmest thoughts and prayers,
Chantel

Comments

Popular Posts