Be Still...

Stillness is something that I am yet working on.
I have this idea in my head, that if I am still for too long, I am leaving something undone. I am wasting time.

 For example, I have to purposefully quiet myself, when I am anxiously waiting for my little one to fill his belly of milk.

I am antsy.
I nurse him, and walk around, looking at the list of things that are being neglected at the moment.

My back hurts, and my shoulder is aching.
Sit down.
I pace.
Sit down.
But I have so much to do.
Sit down.

I sit. I sigh a sigh of relief because my back feels a tad better.
I sit, tapping my right foot.
I look at the peaceful, content baby in my arms. He detects me, watching him. He grins, just enough to show me his gummy smile. Just enough to keep up with the mommy goods.

I can't help, but to smile as well. My bible is in arms reach and I chuckle, with my eyes toward ABBA. I always complain that with the unending demands of a new baby that I don't have as much time to spend with HIM, as I want.

 I read Ecclesiates 3:1- " To every thing there is a season..." I realize that, like a "tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in season", there are seasons in this life as a God-fearing mother. God knows them. I turn the pages. Psalm 31:15. " My times are in your hands." I ponder, SELAH. He knows the hours and minutes and seconds of my day. He does not put more on me than I can bear. He does not demand more from me than I can give.
He also knows, better than I do, that there is a benefit to exhaling and being still; for as long as I have life, I have  time. For my times are in his hands. Yes, Lord.

(C) 2011, Chantel Dillard ( Use with permission only)
Being still reminds me, yet again, I am not in control. God is.
Being still puts what is important back in to the right perspective. God's perspective.
Being still allows me to discipline my thoughts, and be anxious for nothing, but in everything....give thanks. This is God's will.



God is showing me the positive side of being still. It is not the same as doing nothing. It is simply  the opposite of doing. It is- being. Being in Him. Being aware of my time, and the hands that they are in.





Psalm 46:10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God






Linked at



Comments

  1. Found you through the Homemaker by Choice link-up. I needed to be reminded of this today. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something the Lord has to keep reminding me...just to be still.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts