Mess will be mess- so why stress?

They have me surrounded!
Rubber bands and hair clips decorate the floor by my bedroom door, courtesy of the almost-two year old. A wet towel lays outside the bathroom door near the stairs. Shoes in the hall threaten to levitate me. My littlest one is in my arms, giving in slowly to sleep, or the glare of the computer screen- not sure which one. There's more, but that is more than I care to reveal. Some dignity must be salvaged, I think in my best classic victorian accent.
 This was the scene before I decided to take the Fab Five to the pool. 
I looked around. I groaned. I took in a deep breath. I left it all there and stepped outside in the sun. And you know what? It was not dragon fire breath today- yay! There was a cool breeze, the water wasn't freezing, and they had hours of fun without fighting and nagging. It was nice. 

I knew I would go back into the mess I left. I knew that, when I left. I decided, since most likely I would be tending to it again whether I attacked it then or later, a few hours of fun wouldn't hurt us. It actually did us some good.


(C) Chantel Dillard,2011


It was worth it.And, now, on to dinner...


"For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink [insert applicable noun here]; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." -Romans 14:17

There is a time for everything,
   and a season for every activity under the heavens:
-
Ecclesiates 3:1

Comments

Popular Posts