At the Cross?

Laynie has been answering the phone lately. She grabs the phone, " I got it, mommy!" and then before she gives it to me she answers it. "Hello?" and then she tells me who it is, or who she thinks  it is.

Sometimes she does not tell me she will get it- she just does. And she has a conversation with whomever is on the other side of the line. Ah, yes, my little social butterfly.

Yesterday, while I am up in my room folding some laundry, I suppose the phone rings. I do not hear it however. Fans are blowing all over the house and both handsets are by this time downstairs  (the very reason why we have two handsets, but that is beyond the point- they both always end up in the same section of the house somehow....ok back to the story)

So oblivious to me Laynie is on the phone.

"Where's your mom?"
"I can't find her"
Where's Tam?"
"she's with mommy- um, mommy's outside- at the cross- I have no family- they're outside- at the cross"
"you have no family?"
"I don't see them"

Ok so all the while I am upstairs folding laundry.
When I come downstairs the phone rings and I get it. My pastor's wife is on the line and relays the entire conversation to me. We are in stitches. No family?! Wow. I thought the out-of-sight thing was for babies, but 3 year olds? Wow.

Well at least she thought we were at the cross, I mean ,well, I hope that was a good thing in her mind....


At any rate, we're right here Laynie-Boo, and if we're at the cross, well  'By Golly', you'll be right there with us.
______________________________________________
At the cross, at the cross
where I first saw the light
and the burdens of my heart rolled away
it was there by faith
I received my sight
And now I am happy all the day

Comments

  1. LOVE IT! kids are so awesome! and i hope if my kids ever have a day they can't find me..that their first thouht is "mommy's at the cross" at least that's where i hope to be! love your blog! blessings!
    amy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts