Morning by Morning

Photo credit: Tumblr
Ever wonder why the Lord gives us NEW mercies each morning?



This morning in prayer the Lord shed some light as I was asking for wisdom and strength to manage my home for today.

Today.
The word kind of hung there for a moment when it left my mouth. So I repeated it.
Today.
I noted that this was certainly not the first time I prayed for strength and wisdom for the day. My thoughts began to condemn me, because there I was again asking for the same thing. I mean, did I not receive these things from the Lord before? Am I so weak and incompetent that I can't keep hold of God's strength and wisdom?
Then the Spirit broke through with a revealing Word.
I can not rely on yesterday's wisdom and yesterday's strength for today.
Wow, that freed me- instantly.
God wants me to come to him daily, and depend on him daily for the wisdom and strength I need for that day. He began to speak:
 Yesterday's strategies worked for yesterday, but today is a new set of unique events and circumstances. I need a new uniquely Spirit inspired set of ways to address today's circumstances.
Hallelujah!
Then he directed me to the verse we can probably all quote with quickness

22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.- Lamentations 3:33-23
There it was again. NEW mercies EVERY morning.
Give us this day our daily bread.- Matthew 6:11
 Again with the daily.
Yesterday's mercies are not for today's moments. Today's mercies are new and tailored to today's troubles, challenges, etc. We must relentlessly, run to Abba each morning for today's strategy plan.
I will no longer allow the enemy to condemn me through my thoughts and make me feel incompetent because I have to go to God each day for the same thing, because in reality, it's not the same thing.
It's brand new. And it's new every morning
Great is His faithfulness.
Blessings, 
 Chantel

Comments

Popular Posts