Rest- ain't nothing wrong with that

Rest  

Verb
Cease work or movement in order to relax, refresh oneself, or recover strength.

la·zy  

/ˈlāzē/Adjective
Unwilling to work or use energy: "he was too lazy to cook".Characterized by lack of effort or activity.

It's easy to confuse the two. Be careful to know the difference. Be careful to understand the motive of your heart. I find myself guilty when I'm sitting or lying down simply because my energy is zapped-either physically or mentally. The word lazy pulses in my thoughts, more times than I care for, during these times. I realized the other day it was the manipulating tactic of the enemy trying to make me feel condemned, and thus over work myself, depriving me of rest that God himself desires for us.
Jesus himself pulled away to replenish himself. That was not selfishly done. It was actually a selfless act.
In ministry, whether in the home, or the church setting, do not be afraid to rest. God designed rest for these mortal bodies, so we will be more effective ministers/servants to the body of believers as a whole.

Genesis 2:2 And God rested...from all his work which he had made

Ecclesiastes 5:12 The sleep of a laboring man is sweet

Warmest thoughts and prayers,
Chantel

Comments

Popular Posts