Feeding my lambs

So I was up early in prayer this morning. Tammy tugged on my hair as I prayed. She is usually still sleep at this time, but , not this time.

As I talked to God, I said , "Father pleeeeeease, help me to exercise patience, and temperance, and gentleness with the children today. I noticed that recently I had been feeling a little more prone to frustration with them. I  am feeling short tempered and dismissive. When they asked for things. I would respond with carelessness. I would be tempted to leave them to their own devices, because I was feeling more "bothered" than usual.
God I know I need more practice in this area. I have learned to speak gently and quietly to the children. It was something I practiced, when it was easy and when it was hard, I practiced this- speaking quietly, yet firmly when I needed to. It is second nature to call them with names of endearment when ever I talk to them- "sweet heart" or sweet pie" or hon'bun". It just comes out. I speak slowly, controlled, levelled- it took years of practice. I do raise my voice, but not often- at least not as often as I may have used to. But lately, God, I am concerned about what I am feeling- so , tired, of taming my flesh.

Then I said " I love you Lord".
God responds, " If you love me feed my lambs".
SO I say "But God, what do I feed them?"

"Love", he says. "Love is not easily provoked, Love bears all things, Love endures all things- Love Gives."

And so , God did not say Love when it is easy to love. He said love.

And that is what I must feed my lambs, who will mature to sheep, whom I must still feed LOVE to.

Comments

  1. awesome! God is also dealing with me about love, for my spouse, my children and myself. I am also practicing speaking softer and with more love with my kids, i have always been a louder, more aggressive type person, so naturally i have been that way with my kids. i am very slowly learning to become more meek and soft with them and as a Godly woman. thank you for sharing and being so honest and candid. God Bless You!
    amy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts